Slash is a Build Studio. We build remote, autonomous teams to help innovators develop software, products and hi-tech startups. We also build and invest in our own startups and commercialize them through joint ventures in ASEAN and Europe.
Slash has headquarters in Singapore and community-oriented R&D hubs in Phnom Penh, Yerevan, Bali, Jakarta & Bandung, and Yogyakarta.
Role and responsibilities, and how will the role impact Slash?
Slash is looking for a dynamic Backend Java Developer to build fast backends or powerful, readable clean code, measurable, and testable for sophisticated enterprise-grade systems and fast-growing funded startups.
You will be a thought leader in the company:
- Driving frontend and backend development stacks best case practices, processes and standards throughout the company.
- Supporting solution architects, scrum masters, and development teams with delivering enterprise-grade backend systems to clients.
- We will rely on your technical leadership and ingenuity to stay up to date on the latest in frontend and backend development stacks, system integration, security, APIs, middlewares, cloud, DevOps.
How do you know if you are a good fit?
- Positive attitude, independence, inner drive to become successful
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English. Ability to talk to international clients
- Tech-savvy (up to date with latest trends)
- Proactive, confident, doesn’t shy away from responsibility, take full ownership
- Exceptional analytical, debugging/ troubleshooting, coding skills, problem-solving
- Interest to work on multiple global corporate and startup projects, across different industries in an agency.
- Familiar with UNIX, Linux & Windows environment and Shell Scripting
- Minimum 4 years of professional work experience as Java Developer Proficient with Java Spring Framework (Spring Boot/Spring Cloud)
- Advanced knowledge of database management systems such as SQL Server (Good to have hands-on experience on Oracle SQL/PL-SQL), and cache management such as Redis.
- Hands-on experience in containerization with Docker. Kubernetes is a good plus to have.
- Advanced knowledge of using AWS cloud on configuration, deployment, CI/CD
- Good knowledge of RESTful API. GraphQL and RPC is a good plus.
- Knowledge of Event-driven concepts. Hands-on experience on Kafka, Active MQ or Rocket MQ is a plus.
- Knowledge in server configuration such as Apache/Nginx, JBoss/Wildfly.
- Knowledge in Middleware server and high availability setup, tuning and design
- Good design knowledge and experience: Microservices, Domain-Driven, OOP, AOP…
- Advanced knowledge of TDD, automated testing frameworks is a plus
- Ability to coordinate and communicate with diverse teams and individuals (e.g solution architects, product managers, scrum masters, developers, customer service, clients)
- The ability to understand different business models and applications is a bonus
- Keen interest in learning about other technologies (such as, NextJS, RabbitMQ, ExpressJS, MongoDB, Serverless, Machine Learning, Blockchain, etc)
- Have a knowledge of drawing system architecture, sequence flow diagram
- Proficient with broad software development and agile concepts
- Experience with working with clients is a plus
- Experience with working in an product or software agency is a plus
- Have a university degree.
Why join us?
- Projects/clients: Get the stability of a larger group and the excitement of a startup. Work on interesting global projects, challenges and technologies for top brands, fast-paced startups and governments.
Find out our success stories with our Clients here;
- Teams: Join our builders family and grow professionally in our learning communities packed with smart peers, regular speakers and events so you don’t miss out on the latest tech and trends.
Meet Our team! here;
- Work environment: Get the top talent treatment in our Silicon Valley-style work environment. Benefit from a premium work environment, with R&D and Hubs oriented, benefit from embracing work remotely, workplace happiness offer flexible work-hour and remote work experience. Freedom-centric culture where we take work-life balance seriously. Check this out!
- Technology: We work on a wide range of technologies: latest web and mobile technologies, AI, blockchain, latest Cloud services, microservices & middlewares, security & infrastructure, etc