Slash is a Build Studio. We build remote, autonomous teams to help innovators develop software, products and hi-tech startups. We also build and invest in our own startups and commercialize them through joint ventures in ASEAN and Europe.
Slash has headquarters in Singapore and community-oriented R&D hubs in Phnom Penh, Yerevan, Jakarta & Bandung, Yogyakarta and Bali.
Role and responsibilities, and how will the role impact Slash?
Slash is looking for a dynamic Data Engineer to build collaboration with data scientists and architects on several projects for sophisticated enterprise-grade systems and fast-growing funded startups.
You will be a thought leader in the company:
- Driving and building out our data systems and ETL pipeline, algorithms and prototypes. Maintain the health of our Data infrastructure and combine raw information from different sources with best case practices, processes and standards throughout the company.
- Supporting solution architects, scrum masters, and development teams with delivering enterprise-grade backend systems to clients.
- We will rely on your technical leadership to keep evaluating business needs and objectives. Ingenuity to stay up to date on the latest Technology, system integration, security, APIs, middlewares, cloud, DevOps.
How do you know if you are a good fit?
- Previous experience as a data engineer or in a similar role
- Experience in building data pipeline and ELT/ETL , preferable using AWS with Athena, Glue, Pinpoint, Kinesis, S3
- Hand-on experience in PowerBI for analytics tools, preferable using Dax programming language
- Ability to design star schema and snowflake schema
- Strong experience in SQL is valued
- Ability to design data warehouse/lake with unstructured data
- Good to have, experience in batch and streaming process
- Good to have, Data analytics experience
- Good to have, Mobile or Web Analytics tools ( Google analytics, AWS Pinpoint, App store and Play store)
- Explore ways to enhance data quality and reliability
- Identify opportunities for data acquisition
- A decent understanding of functional and distributed systems.
- Interested in, or even better, familiar with machine learning is valued but not required.
- A degree in computer science, data science or statistics is valued but not required
- Positive attitude, independent, inner drive to become successful
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English. Ability to talk to international clients
- Proactive, confident, doesn’t shy away from responsibility, take full ownership
- Keen interest in learning about other technologies (for example: web, mobile, AI, Blockchain…)
- Have a knowledge of drawing system architecture, sequence flow diagram
- Proficient with broad software development and agile concepts is a bonus!
- Experience with working with clients is a plus
- Experience with working in an product or software agency is a plus
Why join us?
At Slash, we’re proud of our collaborative culture; everyone is ready to lend a helping hand, whether it’s your first day on the job or your thousandth. We also embrace a trust-centric culture, flexibility and accountability first, and a work-life integration mindset. Check out our culture here and meet our legendary team!
- Projects/clients: Get the stability of a larger group and the excitement of a startup. Work on interesting global projects, challenges and technologies for top brands, fast-paced startups and governments. Experience working with a mature SCRUM team and day-to-day Agile mindset project implementation. Check out our Success Story!
- Team and working environment: Join our diverse remote builders’ community and hubs oriented in Jakarta, Bandung, Yogyakarta, Bali, Yerevan, and Phnom Penh. Experience an optimised remote working environment. Benefit from the flexible remote work package options (work from home or work from a coworking space).
- Learning: We focus on the growth of both parties. You will meet communities packed with intelligent peers and attend events with regular speakers, so you don’t miss out on the latest tech trends. Slash is a safe space for people to share if you’re passionate about something. Our favourite learning practices are the Growth Accountability Group, Mentoring Program, Venture Club, and Leadership. On top of your remuneration, you will get annual training or learning credits to be redeemed. We actively encourage everyone to suggest training beneficial for their professional growth.
- Technology: We work on a wide-range of technologies: latest web and mobile technologies, AI, blockchain, latest Cloud services, microservices & middlewares, security & infrastructure, etc.