Slash is a Build Studio. We build remote, autonomous teams to help innovators develop software, products, and hi-tech startups. We also build and invest in our own startups and commercialize them through joint ventures in ASEAN and Europe.
Slash has headquarters in Singapore and community-oriented R&D hubs in Phnom Penh and Bali.
Role and responsibilities, and how will the role impact Slash?
Slash is looking for a dynamic Data Engineer to build collaboration with data scientists and architects on several projects for sophisticated enterprise-grade systems and fast-growing funded startups.
You will be a thought leader in the company:
- Driving and building out our data systems and ETL pipeline, algorithms, and prototypes. Maintain the health of our Data infrastructure and combine raw information from different sources with best case practices, processes, and standards throughout the company.
- Supporting solution architects, scrum masters, and development teams with delivering enterprise-grade backend systems to clients.
- We will rely on your technical leadership to keep evaluating business needs and objectives. Ingenuity to stay up to date on the latest technology, system integration, security, APIs, middlewares, cloud, DevOps (serverless and CI/CD).
How do you know if you are a good fit?
- Work closely with our data science and insights teams
- Explore ways to enhance data quality and reliability
- Identify opportunities for data acquisition
- Develop analytical tools and programs
- Previous experience as a data engineer or in a similar role
- Strong programming abilities in one or two languages (such asScala, Kotlin, Python, Rust, Go, C#, F#)
- Experience with Data warehousing and data architecture
- Spark experience is practically a must and Data modeling is good to have
- Have proven experience with ETL tools and their design.
- Strong Phyton& SQL ability.
- A decent understanding of functional and distributed systems.
- Experience with no-SQL or graph databases is valued.
- Interested in, or even better, familiar with machine learning is valued but not required.
- A degree in computer science, data science or statistics is valued but not required
- Positive attitude, independence, inner drive to become successful
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English. Ability to talk to international clients
- Proactive, confident, doesn’t shy away from responsibility, take full ownership
- Keen interest in learning about other technologies (for example: web, mobile, AI, Blockchain…)
- Have a knowledge of drawing system architecture, sequence flow diagram
- Proficient with broad software development and agile concepts is a bonus!
- Experience with working with clients is a plus
- Experience with working in a product or software agency is a plus
Why join us?
- Projects/Clients: Get the stability of a larger group and the excitement of a startup. Work on interesting global projects, challenges, and technologies for top brands, fast-paced startups, and governments.
- Teams: Join our builders’ family and grow professionally in our learning communities packed with smart peers, regular speakers, and events so you don’t miss out on the latest tech and trends.
- Work environment: Get the top talent treatment in our Flat Organization and Agile environment. Benefit of our communication style is friendly, yet professional, and approachable, our flexible hours, a freedom-centric culture where we take work-life balance seriously.
- Technology: We work on a wide range of technologies: the latest web and mobile technologies, AI, blockchain, latest Cloud services, microservices & middlewares, security & infrastructure, etc