Slash is a Build Studio. We build remote, autonomous teams to help innovators develop software, products and hi-tech startups. We also build and invest in our own startups and commercialize them through joint ventures in ASEAN and Europe.
Slash has headquarters in Singapore and community-oriented R&D hubs in Phnom Penh, Yerevan, Bali, Jakarta & Bandung, and Yogjakarta.
Role and responsibilities, and how will the role impact Slash?
Slash is looking for a dynamic Senior Full Stack Developer to build fast, highly scalable products using Python or Java backends as well as frontend framework ReactNative for sophisticated enterprise-grade systems and fast-growing funded startups.
You will be a thought leader in the company:
- Driving frontend and backend development stacks best case practices, processes, and standards throughout the company.
- Supporting solution architects, scrum masters, and development teams with delivering enterprise-grade backend systems to clients.
- We will rely on your technical leadership and ingenuity to stay up to date on the latest in frontend and backend development stacks, system integration, security, APIs, middlewares, cloud, DevOps (serverless and CI/CD).
How do you know if you are a good fit?
- Positive attitude, independent, inner drive to become successful
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English. Ability to talk to international clients
- Tech-savvy (up to date with latest trends)
- Proactive, confident, doesn’t shy away from responsibility, take full ownership
- Exceptional analytical, debugging/ troubleshooting, coding skills, problem solving
- Interest to work on multiple global corporate and startup projects, across different industries in an agency.
- Ability to coordinate and communicate with diverse teams and individuals (e.g solution architects, product managers, scrum masters, developers, customer service, clients)
- Develop core applications to be used enterprise-wide across multiple platforms.
- Demonstrate strong experience with Agile methodologies.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in qualifications for the Full Stack in diverse technology including NodeJs, Typescript, Java Spring Boot, ReactJS, VueJS. Other programming language experience like Front End Monile like ReactNative PHP, Python, .Net, …. would be considered as a plus.
- Experience in automated testing frameworks for Unit testing, integration testing, e2e testing. Experience in TDD is a good plus.
- Advanced knowledge of database management systems such as SQL Server (PostgreSQL, etc.). Other databases such as NoSQL (MongoDB) and cache management (Redis) are a good plus.
- Good knowledge of RESTful API. GraphQL and RPC is a good plus.
- Knowledge of Event-driven concepts. Hands-on experience on Kafka, Active MQ or RabbitMQ is a plus.
- Good design knowledge and experience: Microservices, Domain-Driven, OOP, AOP, etc.
- Hands-on experience in containerization with Docker. Kubernetes is a good plus to have.
- Advanced knowledge of using AWS cloud on configuration, deployment, CI/CD
- Additional Knowledge in Linux server configuration (nginx, crontab, ssh, cluster, proxy server) and troubleshooting.
- Keen interest in learning different technologies (such as ReactJS, NextJS, Flutter, ExpressJS, MongoDB, Serverless, Machine Learning, Blockchain, etc)
- Ability to understand different business models and applications is a bonus
- Have a knowledge of drawing system architecture, sequence flow diagram
- Proficient with broad software development and agile concepts is a bonus!
- Experience with working with clients is a plus
- Experience with working in an product or software agency is a plus
- Have a university degree of Computer Science and Engineering and/or other equivalent degree
Why join us?
At Slash, we’re proud of our collaborative culture; everyone is ready to lend a helping hand, whether it’s your first day on the job or your thousandth. We also embrace a trust-centric culture, flexibility and accountability first, and a work-life integration mindset. Check out our culture here and meet our legendary team!
- Projects/clients: Get the stability of a larger group and the excitement of a startup. Work on interesting global projects, challenges and technologies for top brands, fast-paced startups and governments. Experience working with a mature SCRUM team and day-to-day Agile mindset project implementation. Check out our Success Story!
- Team and working environment: Join our diverse remote builders’ community and hubs oriented in Jakarta, Bandung, Yogyakarta, Bali, Yerevan, and Phnom Penh. Experience an optimised remote working environment. Benefit from the flexible remote work package options (work from home or work from a coworking space).
- Learning: We focus on the growth of both parties. You will meet communities packed with intelligent peers and attend events with regular speakers, so you don’t miss out on the latest tech trends. Slash is a safe space for people to share if you’re passionate about something. Our favourite learning practices are the Growth Accountability Group, Mentoring Program, Venture Club, and Leadership. On top of your remuneration, you will get annual training or learning credits to be redeemed. We actively encourage everyone to suggest training beneficial for their professional growth.
- Technology: We work on a wide-range of technologies: latest web and mobile technologies, AI, blockchain, latest Cloud services, microservices & middlewares, security & infrastructure, etc.