Slash is a hi-tech startup studio with a mission to build tech products that change the world. Our clients are global. In addition, we build and invest our own startups and commercialize them through joint ventures in ASEAN and Europe. We work on a wide-range of technologies: web, mobile, AI, blockchain, cloud, microservices & middlewares, security & infrastructure, etc.
Slash has headquarters in Singapore and community-oriented R&D hubs in Phnom Penh, Yerevan, Bali, Yogyakarta, Jakarta and Bandung. We are a team of 50+ entrepreneurs, engineers, hackers, and full-stack developers with unique capabilities in web, mobile, AI, and Blockchain.
Role and responsibilities, and
How will the role impact Slash?
Slash is looking for a dynamic Iteration Manager as good aspiration for a business, matures with the skills, practices, culture and values of a company, apply Knowledge of Agile Life Cycle Management and analyse Requirements to re-engineer complex application components, and integrate software packages, programs and reusable objects residing on multiple platforms, being glorified facilitators.
You will be a thought leader in the company:
- Iteration Managers as the glue and the oil of a team – keeping them together, making sure the gears turn smoothly. In a practical sense, ensure team matures in Agile principles and practices
- Supporting solution architects, and development teams with delivering enterprise-grade deliveries to clients. While technical in many aspects, relies on the adaptable communication style and ability to build positive relationships across the business.
- Ensures that the following commonly used Agile ceremonies are booked, organised, happen, and are facilitated well:
- Daily Standup (also known as Daily Scrum)
- Story Kickoffs
- Showcases (also known as Sprint Review)
- Iteration / Release Planning (also known as Sprint Planning)
- Ideally, coach team members to be self-sustaining and organise all of the above ceremonies themselves
How do you know if you are a good fit?
- Positive attitude, independent, inner drive to become successful
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Ability to talk to international clients
- Genuine enthusiasm for working in teams, fostering collaboration and delivering strong outcomes.
- Experience working in Agile project teams and a solid understanding of the various roles. Agile certification or similar is highly desirable
- Experience leading high performing teams, have strong attention to detail and are self-motivated
- Maintain a high degree of project visibility across the business, and identify, escalate and resolve any impediments to progress.
- Used interactive techniques in retrospective meetings to guide, identify and stimulate team morale to improve future iteration.
- Understanding of incremental delivery and the value of metrics including backlog tracking, burndown metrics, acceptance criteria, velocity and task definition.
- Able to help unblock the team on finding solution or helpers to unblock technical or business, facilitate the ceremony and try to find the win-win situation for the iteration and team and priority
- Familiar with management tools, preferably work with any tools like Jira and Confluence
- Experience with working with clients is a must and management, product or software agency is a plus
- Have a university degree.
Why join us?
At Slash, we’re proud of our collaborative culture; everyone is ready to lend a helping hand, whether it’s your first day on the job or your thousandth. We also embrace a trust-centric culture, flexibility and accountability first, and a work-life integration mindset. Check out our culture here and meet our legendary team!
- Projects/clients: Get the stability of a larger group and the excitement of a startup. Work on interesting global projects, challenges and technologies for top brands, fast-paced startups and governments. Experience working with a mature SCRUM team and day-to-day Agile mindset project implementation. Check out our Success Story!
- Team and working environment: Join our diverse remote builders’ community and hubs oriented in Jakarta, Bandung, Yogyakarta, Bali, Yerevan, and Phnom Penh. Experience an optimised remote working environment. Benefit from the flexible remote work package options (work from home or work from a coworking space).
- Learning: We focus on the growth of both parties. You will meet communities packed with intelligent peers and attend events with regular speakers, so you don’t miss out on the latest tech trends. Slash is a safe space for people to share if you’re passionate about something. Our favourite learning practices are the Growth Accountability Group, Mentoring Program, Venture Club, and Leadership. On top of your remuneration, you will get annual training or learning credits to be redeemed. We actively encourage everyone to suggest training beneficial for their professional growth.
- Technology: We work on a wide-range of technologies: latest web and mobile technologies, AI, blockchain, latest Cloud services, microservices & middlewares, security & infrastructure, etc.