Slash is a Build Studio. We build remote, autonomous teams to help innovators develop software, products and hi-tech startups. We also build and invest in our own startups and commercialise them through joint ventures in ASEAN and Europe.
Slash has headquarters in Singapore and community-oriented R&D hubs in Phnom Penh, Yerevan, Bali, Jakarta & Bandung, and Yogjakarta.
Role and responsibilities, and how will the role impact Slash?
Slash is looking for a dynamic Mobile developer, to build powerful enterprise-grade mobile applications for our clients. If you dream of beautiful smooth interfaces, sexy applications and advancing mobile user & interaction paradigms, and are a ReactNative code wizard, this is for you!
You will be a thought leader in the company:
- Driving mobile development best case practices, processes and standards throughout the company.
- Supporting solution architects, scrum masters, and development teams with delivering React Native, iOS, and Android mobile products to clients.
- We will rely on your technical leadership and ingenuity to stay up to date on the latest in mobile development (e.g Native, Flutter, ReactNative, Performance, etc)
How do you know if you are a good fit?
- Minimum 4 years of professional work experience with ReactNative, Typescript, good to have experience in Swift and Kotlin
- Understanding of build and deployment of iOS and Android App
- Familiars with Android, iOS and cross platform design best practices
- Familiars with automated build & deployment using Fastlane or CI/CD platforms like CodeMagic, Circle CI, Github Action are a definite plus.
- Familiars with integrating plugins/modules from either Android, iOS and cross platform
- Have a good understanding in connecting to third party APIs platforms such as payment gateways, mail services, sms platforms, etc.
- Monorepo development experience (such as NX) is a definite plus.
- Backend development experience (Java spring boot or NodeJS) is a definite plus.
- Have a good understanding of backend for APIs integration (via RESTful, JSON, XML) to build a dynamic and sophisticated UI
- Have an understanding of using GraphQL integration with Frontend
- Proficient with backend development and agile concepts is an advantage!
- Have advanced knowledge of TDD, automated testing frameworks like Jest (Unit/Integration Test) is a must, Detox (E2E) is a plus
- Positive attitude, independent, inner drive to become successful
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English. Ability to talk to international clients.
- Tech-savvy (up to date with latest trends)
- Proactive, confident, doesn’t shy away from responsibility, take full ownership
- Exceptional analytical, debugging/ troubleshooting, coding skills, problem solving
- Interest to work on multiple global corporate and startup projects, across different industries in an agency.
- Ability to coordinate and communicate with diverse teams and individuals (e.g solution architects, product managers, scrum masters, developers, customer service, clients)
- Ability to understand different business models and applications is a bonus
- Keen interest in learning about other technologies (such as NodeJS API development, Python, Serverless, CI/CD DevOps, etc) is a plus
- Experience with working with clients is a plus and working in a product or software agency is a plus
- Experience with QA, automated testing, Ability to coordinate and communicate with diverse teams and individuals (e.g solution architects, scrum masters, developers, and clients)
- Have a university degree of Computer Science and Engineering and/or other equivalent degree
Why join us?
At Slash, we’re proud of our collaborative culture; everyone is ready to lend a helping hand, whether it’s your first day on the job or your thousandth. We also embrace a trust-centric culture, flexibility and accountability first, and a work-life integration mindset. Check out our culture here and meet our legendary team!
- Projects/clients: Get the stability of a larger group and the excitement of a startup. Work on interesting global projects, challenges and technologies for top brands, fast-paced startups and governments. Experience working with a mature SCRUM team and day-to-day Agile mindset project implementation. Check out our Success Story!
- Team and working environment: Join our diverse remote builders’ community and hubs oriented in Jakarta, Bandung, Yogyakarta, Bali, Yerevan, and Phnom Penh. Experience an optimised remote working environment. Benefit from the flexible remote work package options (work from home or work from a coworking space).
- Learning: We focus on the growth of both parties. You will meet communities packed with intelligent peers and attend events with regular speakers, so you don’t miss out on the latest tech trends. Slash is a safe space for people to share if you’re passionate about something. Our favourite learning practices are the Growth Accountability Group, Mentoring Program, Venture Club, and Leadership. On top of your remuneration, you will get annual training or learning credits to be redeemed. We actively encourage everyone to suggest training beneficial for their professional growth.
- Technology: We work on a wide-range of technologies: latest web and mobile technologies, AI, blockchain, latest Cloud services, microservices & middlewares, security & infrastructure, etc.