Slash is a hi-tech startup studio with a mission to build tech products that change the world. Our clients are global. In addition, we build and invest our own startups and commercialize them through joint ventures in ASEAN and Europe. We work on a wide-range of technologies: web, mobile, AI, blockchain, cloud, microservices & middlewares, security & infrastructure, etc.
Slash has headquarters in Singapore and community-oriented R&D hubs in Phnom Penh, Yerevan, Bali, Yogyakarta, Jakarta and Bandung. We are a team of 50+ entrepreneurs, engineers, hackers, and full-stack developers with unique capabilities in web, mobile, AI, and Blockchain.
Role and how will the role impact Slash?
Slash is looking for a dynamic Project Manager to help us stay at the cutting-edge of software development. If you’re into designing and deploying solutions that are secure, scalable, and cost-effective, this is for you. You will be a thought leader in the company:
- Ensure the delivery of the system as planned. Other activities include scope definition and control, resource planning, development and maintenance of the project plan, and progress reporting to the management committee.
- Responsible for ensuring the resolution of issues and communicating the project status to the management committee. In general, provide overall project management for the implementation and actively facilitate the project business and technical teams.
Key responsibilities of the project manager include
- Manage the project and resources
- Develop and maintain the master implementation plan
- Develop detailed plans to micro-manage major phases
- Ensure that the project is completed on time
- Manage resources allocation and utilization
- Set project standards and procedures
- Conduct regular meetings and/or updates with other project members
- Escalate major project issues and problems to the management committee/project sponsor
- Review work products and deliverables produced by project members
- Monitor project progress
- Ensure change management procedure is in place and adopted in the project
- Conduct post-implementation reviews
How do you know if you are a good fit?
- Positive attitude, independent, inner drive to become successful
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English. Ability to talk to international clients
- Passionate by technology and digital product creation
- At least 5 years of experience as a Software Project Manager or Delivery Manager, with a proven track record of delivering successful projects.
- Experience in the Financial sector for software project delivery is a good plus.
- Familiar with management tools, preferably work with any tools like Jira and Confluence
- Lead projects from conception to delivery, ensuring they are completed on time, within budget, and meet quality standards.
- Manage and optimize resources for cost and performance.
- Implement and manage security in compliance measures to ensure secure and compliant applications.
- Apply Agile and Scrum methodologies to manage projects and ensure effective collaboration across cross-functional teams.
- Agile or Project Management certifications are a good plus.
- Understanding of incremental delivery and the value of metrics including backlog tracking, burndown metrics, acceptance criteria, velocity and task definition.
- Genuine enthusiasm for working in teams, fostering collaboration and delivering strong outcomes.
- Experience leading high performing teams, have strong attention to detail and are self-motivated
- Communicate project status and progress to stakeholders, identifying risks and proposing solutions to mitigate them.
- Mentor and guide team members to build their skills and contribute to project success.
- Proactive, confident, doesn’t shy away from responsibility, and take full ownership
Why join us?
At Slash, we’re proud of our collaborative culture; everyone is ready to lend a helping hand, whether it’s your first day on the job or your thousandth. We also embrace a trust-centric culture, flexibility and accountability first, and a work-life integration mindset. Check out our culture here and meet our legendary team!
- Projects/clients: Get the stability of a larger group and the excitement of a startup. Work on interesting global projects, challenges and technologies for top brands, fast-paced startups and governments. Experience working with a mature SCRUM team and day-to-day Agile mindset project implementation. Check out our Success Story!
- Team and working environment: Join our diverse remote builders’ community and hubs oriented in Jakarta, Bandung, Yogyakarta, Bali, Yerevan, and Phnom Penh. Experience an optimised remote working environment. Benefit from the flexible remote work package options (work from home or work from a coworking space).
- Learning: We focus on the growth of both parties. You will meet communities packed with intelligent peers and attend events with regular speakers, so you don’t miss out on the latest tech trends. Slash is a safe space for people to share if you’re passionate about something. Our favourite learning practices are the Growth Accountability Group, Mentoring Program, Venture Club, and Leadership. On top of your remuneration, you will get annual training or learning credits to be redeemed. We actively encourage everyone to suggest training beneficial for their professional growth.
- Technology: We work on a wide-range of technologies: latest web and mobile technologies, AI, blockchain, latest Cloud services, microservices & middlewares, security & infrastructure, etc.