Slash is a hi-tech startup studio with a mission to build tech products that change the world. Our clients are global. In addition, we build and invest our own startups and commercialize them through joint ventures in ASEAN and Europe. We work on a wide-range of technologies: web, mobile, AI, blockchain, cloud, microservices & middlewares, security & infrastructure, etc.
Slash has headquarters in Singapore and community-oriented R&D hubs in Phnom Penh, Yerevan, Bali, Yogyakarta, Jakarta and Bandung. We are a team of 50+ entrepreneurs, engineers, hackers, and full-stack developers with unique capabilities in web, mobile, AI, and Blockchain.
Role and responsibilities, and how will the role impact Slash?
Slash is looking for a dynamic Scrum Master to oversee the scrum and development team. Knowledgeable in Agile methodology and scrum and able to educate others. Also act as a buffer between the scrum team and product owner and maintain a safe working environment for the team by helping with conflict resolution, for sophisticated enterprise-grade systems and fast-growing funded startups. You will be a thought leader in the company:
- Lead the scrum team in using Agile methodology and scrum practices
- Helping the product owner and development team to achieve customer satisfaction
- Lead the scrum and development teams in self-organization
- Coach the scrum team and development teams to identify and fill in blanks in the Agile framework, help the scrum team achieve higher levels of scrum maturity
How do you know if you are a good fit?
- Positive attitude, independent, inner drive to become successful
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Ability to talk to international clients
- Proactive, confident, doesn’t shy away from responsibility, take full ownership
- Prior experience on a scrum team, minimum 4 years and experience with successful Agile techniques
- Ability to analyze and think quickly and to resolve conflict, knowledgeable in techniques to fill in gaps in the scrum
- Ability to determine what is scrum and what is not
- Familiarity with software development, and good knowledge of other Agile frameworks
- Excellent knowledge of Scrum techniques and artifacts (such as definition of done, user stories, automated testing, backlog refinement)
- Excellent communication and servant leadership skills and problem-solving and conflict-resolution ability
- Scrum master certification is a plus and will be priorities
- Have a university degree.
Why join us?
At Slash, we’re proud of our collaborative culture; everyone is ready to lend a helping hand, whether it’s your first day on the job or your thousandth. We also embrace a trust-centric culture, flexibility and accountability first, and a work-life integration mindset. Check out our culture here and meet our legendary team!
- Projects/clients: Get the stability of a larger group and the excitement of a startup. Work on interesting global projects, challenges and technologies for top brands, fast-paced startups and governments. Experience working with a mature SCRUM team and day-to-day Agile mindset project implementation. Check out our Success Story!
- Team and working environment: Join our diverse remote builders’ community and hubs oriented in Jakarta, Bandung, Yogyakarta, Bali, Yerevan, and Phnom Penh. Experience an optimised remote working environment. Benefit from the flexible remote work package options (work from home or work from a coworking space).
- Learning: We focus on the growth of both parties. You will meet communities packed with intelligent peers and attend events with regular speakers, so you don’t miss out on the latest tech trends. Slash is a safe space for people to share if you’re passionate about something. Our favourite learning practices are the Growth Accountability Group, Mentoring Program, Venture Club, and Leadership. On top of your remuneration, you will get annual training or learning credits to be redeemed. We actively encourage everyone to suggest training beneficial for their professional growth.
- Technology: We work on a wide-range of technologies: latest web and mobile technologies, AI, blockchain, latest Cloud services, microservices & middlewares, security & infrastructure, etc.