Slash is a hi-tech startup studio with a mission to build tech products that change the world. Our clients are global. In addition, we build and invest our own startups and commercialize them through joint ventures in ASEAN and Europe. We work on a wide-range of technologies: web, mobile, AI, blockchain, cloud, microservices & middlewares, security & infrastructure, etc.
Slash has headquarters in Singapore and community-oriented R&D hubs in Phnom Penh, Yerevan, Bali, Yogyakarta, Jakarta and Bandung. We are a team of 50+ entrepreneurs, engineers, hackers, and full-stack developers with unique capabilities in web, mobile, AI, and Blockchain.
Role and responsibilities, and how will the role impact Slash?
Slash is looking for a dynamic Senior DevOps to help us stay at the cutting-edge of software development. If you’re into dockers, CI/CD pipelines, Serverless & GitOps, security, automating and securing cloud infrastructure on AWS and Google Cloud, this is for you.
You will be a thought leader in the company:
- Driving DevOps processes and standards throughout the company.
- Supporting solution architects, scrum masters, and development teams with delivering their products to clients.
- We will rely on your technical leadership and ingenuity to stay up to date on the latest in DevOps & GitOps!
- You will be given a lot of responsibility and freedom to make changes, come up with new ideas and implement them in consultation with our teams and clients.
How do you know if you are a good fit?
- Positive attitude, independent, inner drive to become successful
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English. Ability to talk to international clients
- 4+ years minimum professional work experience as a DevOps. Proficient with software development and agile concepts – full stack software development experience is a bonus!.
- Proficiency with Git and Git workflows
- Professional experience with AWS Cloud including preferrably, and Containerisation: Docker CI/CD
- Professional experience with VPC/NAT, Route53, WAF, Secure Architecture on AWS and setup auto scaling, AWS Compliance and Logging and Monitoring
- Have experience in planning, setting up and executing infrastructure as code
- Good to have: IaC: Terraform or Cloudformation, Java Spring Boot experience, Serverless Architecture / AWS Lambda
- Keen interest in automation, orchestration, infrastructure, & AWS. Generally very tech savvy (up to date with latest trends)
- Have experience with Kubernetes or other container orchestration (e.g. AWS ECS) cluster administration and securing resources: Administration, Instance/Tasks or Pods/Replicaset management,
- Deployment, Environment variables and secret management, Service, Networking on Ingress and Egress
- Have experience in strategizing with options, pros and cons for new technologies required for the project
- Have experience in setting up CI/CD pipeline from installing dependency, running tests, build, quality scanning and deployment and experience in using GitLab CI/CD is preferred.
- Proactive, confident, doesn’t shy away from responsibility, and take full ownership
- Ability to coordinate and communicate with diverse teams and individuals (e.g solution architects, scrum masters, developers, and clients)
- Have a university degree of Computer Science and Engineering and/or other equivalent degree
Why join us?
At Slash, we’re proud of our collaborative culture; everyone is ready to lend a helping hand, whether it’s your first day on the job or your thousandth. We also embrace a trust-centric culture, flexibility and accountability first, and a work-life integration mindset. Check out our culture here and meet our legendary team!
- Projects/clients: Get the stability of a larger group and the excitement of a startup. Work on interesting global projects, challenges and technologies for top brands, fast-paced startups and governments. Experience working with a mature SCRUM team and day-to-day Agile mindset project implementation. Check out our Success Story!
- Team and working environment: Join our diverse remote builders’ community and hubs oriented in Jakarta, Bandung, Yogyakarta, Bali, Yerevan, and Phnom Penh. Experience an optimised remote working environment. Benefit from the flexible remote work package options (work from home or work from a coworking space).
- Learning: We focus on the growth of both parties. You will meet communities packed with intelligent peers and attend events with regular speakers, so you don’t miss out on the latest tech trends. Slash is a safe space for people to share if you’re passionate about something. Our favourite learning practices are the Growth Accountability Group, Mentoring Program, Venture Club, and Leadership. On top of your remuneration, you will get annual training or learning credits to be redeemed. We actively encourage everyone to suggest training beneficial for their professional growth.
- Technology: We work on a wide-range of technologies: latest web and mobile technologies, AI, blockchain, latest Cloud services, microservices & middlewares, security & infrastructure, etc.