Slash is a Build Studio. We build remote, autonomous teams to help innovators develop software, products, and hi-tech startups. We also build and invest in our own startups and commercialize them through joint ventures in ASEAN and Europe.
Slash has headquarters in Singapore and community-oriented R&D hubs in Phnom Penh and Bali.
Role and responsibilities, and how will the role impact Slash?
Slash is looking for a dynamic Senior Full Stack Developer to build fast NodeJS backends or powerful, readable Python code as well as frontend framework (ReactJS, AngularJS, VueJS) for sophisticated enterprise-grade systems and fast-growing funded startups. You will be a thought leader in the company:
- Driving frontend and backend development stack best case practices, processes, and standards throughout the company.
- Supporting solution architects, scrum masters, and development teams with delivering enterprise-grade backend systems to clients.
- We will rely on your technical leadership and ingenuity to stay up to date on the latest in frontend and backend development stacks, system integration, security, APIs, middlewares, cloud, DevOps (serverless and CI/CD).
How do you know if you are a good fit?
- Positive attitude, independence, inner drive to become successful
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English. Ability to talk to international clients
- Tech-savvy (up to date with latest trends)
- Proactive, confident, doesn’t shy away from responsibility, take full ownership
- Exceptional analytical, debugging/ troubleshooting, coding skills, problem-solving
Interest to work on multiple global corporate and startup projects, across different industries in an agency.
- Ability to coordinate and communicate with diverse teams and individuals (e.g solution architects, product managers, scrum masters, developers, customer service, clients)
- Advanced knowledge of TDD, automated testing frameworks, RESTful, and GraphQL is a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Linux server configuration (Nginx, crontab, ssh, cluster, proxy server) and troubleshooting (Ubuntu), CI/CD, Docker, AWS, Cloud Computing
- The ability to understand different business models and applications is a bonus
At least 6 years of experience in backend and programming
- Familiarity with MERN. And keen interest in learning about other technologies (such as ReactJS, NextJS, RabbitMQ, ExpressJS, MongoDB, Serverless, Machine Learning, Blockchain, etc)
- Have knowledge of drawing system architecture, a sequence flow diagram
- Proficient with broad software development and agile concepts is a bonus!
- Experience with working with clients is a plus
- Experience with working in a product or software agency is a plus
- Have a university degree.
Why join us?
- Projects/Clients: Get the stability of a larger group and the excitement of a startup. Work on interesting global projects, challenges, and technologies for top brands, fast-paced startups, and governments.
- Teams: Join our builders’ family and grow professionally in our learning communities packed with smart peers, regular speakers, and events so you don’t miss out on the latest tech and trends.
- Work environment: Get the top talent treatment in our Silicon Valley-style work environment. Benefit from a premium work environment, with common areas for socializing, private spaces, stocked kitchens, and our flexible hours, a freedom-centric culture where we take work-life balance seriously.
- Technology: We work on a wide range of technologies: latest web and mobile technologies, AI, blockchain, latest Cloud services, microservices & middlewares, security & infrastructure, etc