Slash is a hi-tech startup studio with a mission to build tech products that change the world. Our clients are global. In addition, we build and invest our own startups and commercialize them through joint ventures in ASEAN and Europe. We work on a wide range of technologies: web, mobile, AI, blockchain, cloud, microservices & middlewares, security & infrastructure, etc.
Slash has headquarters in Singapore and community-oriented R&D hubs in Phnom Penh and Bali. We are a team of 50+ entrepreneurs, engineers, hackers, and full-stack developers with unique capabilities in web, mobile, AI, and Blockchain.
Role and responsibilities, and how will the role impact Slash?
Slash is looking for a dynamic Senior QA / QA Lead to help us deliver the best code quality possible and
exceed our client expectations. If you’re into solving logical puzzles, creating automated testing, detecting and fixing defects, deeply
understanding the product objectives and client expectations, and getting the most out of software
developers, this is for you!
You will be a thought leader in the company:
- Driving QA processes and standards throughout the company.
- Supporting solution architects, scrum masters, and development teams with delivering their products to clients.
- We will rely on your technical leadership and ingenuity to stay up to date on the latest in QA and automated testing strategies and approaches!
How do you know if you are a good fit?
- Positive attitude, independence, inner drive to become successful
- Minimum 5 years of professional work experience as a QA. Proficient with software development and experience in project management and QA methodology, preferably in an Agile environment.
- Experience in setting a QA automation framework and practices for a Mobile project.
- The ability to teach and mentor other QA or Dev team members to create QA automation test cases.
- Managing/Working with the team to ensure the quality and correct practices of the QA framework.
- Experience in E2E Automation testing for Mobile. We are looking for someone with at least one strong experience in testing Frameworks (Detox, Apium,…), and the ability to learn a new framework if needed.
- Optionally, experience in API or Web automation testing automation is a definite plus.
- Review products and assess what needs to be tested by designing test plans, scenarios, scripts, and user manual (for development, SiT or UAT with internal or 3rd party)
- Review and analyze system specification by creating logs to documents and defects based on post-release or post implementation testing
- Run automation tests, raise bugs to the development team, and assist in troubleshooting
- Experience and good understanding of testing methodology in an Agile environment is a good plus
- Demonstrated experience working in different domains. Ability to understand different business models and applications.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English is a must. Ability to talk to international clients. Proactive, confident, doesn’t shy away from responsibility, takes full ownership.
- Ability to coordinate and communicate with clients, diverse teams and individuals, and collaborate as one team (e.g other QA engineers, solution architects, product managers, scrum masters, developers, customer service, and clients)
Why Join Us?
At Slash, we’re proud of our collaborative culture; everyone is ready to lend a helping hand, whether it’s your first day on the job or your thousandth. We also embrace a trust-centric culture, flexibility and accountability first, and a work-life integration mindset. Check out our culture here and meet our legendary team!
- Projects/clients: Get the stability of a larger group and the excitement of a startup. Work on interesting global projects, challenges and technologies for top brands, fast-paced startups and governments. Experience working with a mature SCRUM team and day-to-day Agile mindset project implementation. Check out our Success Story!
- Team and working environment: Join our diverse remote builders’ community and hubs oriented in Jakarta, Bandung, Yogyakarta, Bali, Yerevan, and Phnom Penh. Experience an optimised remote working environment. Benefit from the flexible remote work package options (work from home or work from a coworking space).
- Learning: We focus on the growth of both parties. You will meet communities packed with intelligent peers and attend events with regular speakers, so you don’t miss out on the latest tech trends. Slash is a safe space for people to share if you’re passionate about something. Our favourite learning practices are the Growth Accountability Group, Mentoring Program, Venture Club, and Leadership. On top of your remuneration, you will get annual training or learning credits to be redeemed. We actively encourage everyone to suggest training beneficial for their professional growth.
- Technology: We work on a wide-range of technologies: latest web and mobile technologies, AI, blockchain, latest Cloud services, microservices & middlewares, security & infrastructure, etc.