Slash is a Build Studio. We build remote, autonomous teams to help innovators develop software, products and hi-tech startups. We also build and invest in our own startups and commercialize them through joint ventures in ASEAN and Europe.
Slash has headquarters in Singapore and community-oriented R&D hubs in Phnom Penh, Yerevan, Jakarta & Bandung, Yogyakarta and Bali.
Role and responsibilities, and how will the role impact Slash?
Slash is looking for a dynamic and passionate UI/UX Designer to support a collaborative and innovative team to create visually delightful and easy-to-use digital products and to have smooth business operations & an awesome working environment. You will be responsible for the following:
- Ultimately, you’ll create both functional and appealing beautiful features that address our clients’ needs. You will use your creativity and eye for design – along with your technical knowledge – to develop great experiences.
- You’ll work with the product owner and our development team. Together you’ll deliver UI mockups, prototypes, MVPs, and final products. In this role, you’ll have the privilege of being the voice of our clients. You’ll translate their needs into user-friendly designs.
How do you know if you are a good fit?
- A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years of UI/UX design experience for digital products or services.
- A portfolio of professional UI/UX design work for both web and mobile platforms.
- Working knowledge of the following technologies and software: Sketch, InVision, Visio, HTML, CSS (SCSS), iOS, Android, Design Systems, and Adobe Creative Suite, or tools of the trade like Figma, Sketch, Invision, Photoshop, Marvel, Overflow.
- Experience with user research and translating insights from research to your designs.
- Creating user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and mockups
- Translating requirements into style guides, design systems, design patterns, and attractive user interfaces
- Designing UI elements such as input controls, navigational components, and informational components, creating original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches, and tables)
- Identifying and troubleshooting UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Collaborating effectively with the product, engineering, and management teams
- Great communication skills both when interfacing with customers as well as when working with your team.
- User-centered designs by understanding business requirements and user feedback also incorporate customer feedback, usage metrics, and usability findings into the design in order to enhance the user experience
Why join us?
At Slash, we’re proud of our collaborative culture; everyone is ready to lend a helping hand, whether it’s your first day on the job or your thousandth. We also embrace a trust-centric culture, flexibility and accountability first, and a work-life integration mindset. Check out our culture here and meet our legendary team!
- Projects/clients: Get the stability of a larger group and the excitement of a startup. Work on interesting global projects, challenges and technologies for top brands, fast-paced startups and governments. Experience working with a mature SCRUM team and day-to-day Agile mindset project implementation. Check out our Success Story!
- Team and working environment: Join our diverse remote builders’ community and hubs oriented in Jakarta, Bandung, Yogyakarta, Bali, Yerevan, and Phnom Penh. Experience an optimised remote working environment. Benefit from the flexible remote work package options (work from home or work from a coworking space).
- Learning: We focus on the growth of both parties. You will meet communities packed with intelligent peers and attend events with regular speakers, so you don’t miss out on the latest tech trends. Slash is a safe space for people to share if you’re passionate about something. Our favourite learning practices are the Growth Accountability Group, Mentoring Program, Venture Club, and Leadership. On top of your remuneration, you will get annual training or learning credits to be redeemed. We actively encourage everyone to suggest training beneficial for their professional growth.
- Technology: We work on a wide-range of technologies: latest web and mobile technologies, AI, blockchain, latest Cloud services, microservices & middlewares, security & infrastructure, etc.