After establishing a R&D office in Cambodia in 2017, we noticed that there is a gap in the tech ecosystem. With our deep product, tech and startup expertise, we believed we could make a difference and help accelerate the transition to a digital economy in Cambodia.
Startup Jungle was born as a community initiative around 3 pillars: inspire the ecosystem, empower tech talent, and facilitate access to opportunities.
Our Slash team has initiated a variety of initiatives to bring techies together, through tech events and workshops, weekly newsletters, mentoring clinics, AWS and AI user groups, job boards, etc.
- We have built a community of over 3000 techies in Phnom Penh, with 50+ participating companies, 60+ weekly newsletters, 30+ free training and workshops.
- We have organized half a dozen Startup Clinics where dozens of mentors support entrepreneurs with their venture strategy, financing, team, product, technology and growth challenges for free.
- Our Cambodia.AI user group brings together the fledgling AI and data community in Phnom Penh to share best practices, latest research insights, and to provide a peer support group. We also released open-source utilities for the community to learn, including “KhmerML”, an abstraction layer. We ran a 4-month master program at the University of Puthisastra. Join our telegram.
- We run the official AWS User Group in Phnom Penh where experts share AWS best practices and insights. We also organized the AWS re:cap early 2020, brought in AWS speakers and had over 100 participants.
- We organized a city-wide Startup Day to bring together the startup/tech ecosystem in Phnom Penh. The first edition end of 2019 brought over 500 participants with 30+ companies that opened their doors for one day across town, to showcase what they do. In the evening, an awesome after-party was held in a rum distillery.